Greatest heart attack for Arjun fans. Virat was is greatest interpolation of epic added in order to recover image of Arjuna. But interpolation is not easy task. This thread is meant to prove Virat war as an interpolation
● PART-1 : PROOF FROM DIFFERENT VERSIONS
Kumarvyass MB which was recited in 13th century by Lord Vishnu himself doesn't mentioned Virat war. Devdutt version doesn't mentioned virat war. Shanta rao version not mentioned virat war. jaimini bharat doesn't mentioned virat war. Ramesh C Dutt version only described defeat of Duryodhana in virat not others
There is Drona my preceptor, Drona's warlike son is there,
Kripa and the mighty Bhishma, archer Karna, tall and fair,
Them I seek not in this battle, lead, O lead thy chariot far,
Midst the chiefs Duryodhan moves not, moves not in the ranks of war,
But to save the pilfered cattle speeds he onward in his fear,
While these warriors stay and tarry to defend their monarch's rear,
But I leave these car-borne warriors, other work to-day is mine
[ As per Romesh C. Dutt version, It was Arjun who was defeated by Kuru warriors in virat war. LOL . He simply fled from Bhishma, Drona & Karna. Then he followed Duryodhana . Finally he had defeated Duryodhana & rescued cattle]
(CONCLUSION) - THERE WAS NO FIGHT BETWEEN KARNA & ARJUNA
● PART-2 : PROOF FROM KMG VERSION
1ST PROOF -
ACCORDING TO SAGE VED VYASSA, THERE WAS NO FIGHT BETWEEN KARN AND ARJUN IN VIRAT WAR
Passage-1 : (Drona Parv)
Indeed, Karna had kept his dart, desirous of slaying Savyasachin, O bull of Bharata's race, by good luck JISHNU DID NOT ENGAGE IN SINGLE COMBAT with Karna."
Passage-2 : (Corrupted text of Virat Parv)
the mighty-armed Dhananjaya, that conqueror of foes, leaving Drona's son, all on a sudden rushed towards Karna. And rushing towards Karna, with eyes reddened in anger the son of Kunti, desirous of a SINGLE COMBAT with him, said these words."
[ Here after Ghatotkacha-vadha on the 14th night, sage Vyasa himself accepted Arjuna/Jishnu didn't fight a single combat/duel against Karna after Karna had got Vasavi Shakti. Karna got Vasavi Shakti in Vana Parva, whereas Virata war took place in Virata Parva. But as per Vyasa, before Ghatotkacha-vadha, Karna and Arjuna never fought a duel. (As per interpolated text of virat parv, that duel was Single combat). Then when there was no fighting, how did Karna get defeated ?? LOL ]
[ It proves Virat war is an Interpolation. There was no fight between Karna & Arjuna]
2ND PROOF -
THERE WAS NO FIGHT BETWEEN KARN AND ARJUNA IN VIRAT WAR CONFESSED BY DHRITRASHTRA
Tell me, O Sanjaya, why DID NOT Vrisha then ENAGAGING Phalguna in single combat, slay the latter with that dart given him by Sakra?
3RD PROOF -
THERE WAS NO FIGHT BETWEEN KARN & ARJUNA CONFESSED BY SANJAYA
At the time of battle, however, we forget our resolution. Kesava always protected Arjuna, the son of Kunti. He NEVER PLACED Arjuna before the Suta's son in battle.
Ghajni BORI -
अर्जुनं चापि कौन्तेयं सदा रक्षति केशवः
न ह्येनमैच्छत्प्रमुखे सौतेः स्थापयितुं रणे
(CONCLUSION) - AS PER VED VYASSA, SANJAYA AND DHRITRASHTRA THERE WAS NO FIGHT BETWEEN KARN & ARJUNA IN VIRATA WAR
● PART-3 : EXPOSING ERRORS OF INTERPOLATED VIRAT WAR
ARJUNA TOLD UTTAR THAT HE HAD HELD GANDIVA BOW FOR 65 YRS
And after that Varunaheld it for a hundred years. And finally Partha,
surnamed Swetavahana, 1hath held it for FIVE AND SIXTY years.
[ Arjun did obtain Gandiva bow in khandav-dahan Parv. Abhimanyu was born in parv which comes before Khandava-dahan. Abhimanyu was either 33 yrs old or 16 yrs old its contradictory. Even if we assume he was 16 yr old still how can Arjun held gandiva for 65 yrs. Because he obtained gandiva after birth of Abhimanyu and if abhimanyu himself was 16 yrs old then how can Arjun held gandiva for 65 yrs. LOL]
Exposing funny logic of Arjun fans-
Arjun fan admin is trying to justify this by altering sloka. As per this funny admin, Arjuna was trying to say that he held gandiva for 32 years and he will use hold gandiva for 33 years in the future. Thats why 32 (past) + 33 (future) = 65 years. LOL
1. Was Arjun god/sage/¬astrologist who know his future..?? How he comes to know about future..?? Total non-sense logic of arjun fans
2. Even if we assume that Arjuna was able to see his future still this number is wrong. After kurushetra war, Yudhistira did rule for 36 years. After that Arjuna give away his gandiva. Hence calculation 32 (Past) + 36 (future) = 69 years. Still it doesn't match with original number
(CONCLUSION) - INTERPOLATION CAUGHT
● PART-4 : SIMPLE LOGIC SUPPORT THE FACT VIRAT WAR BEING AN INTERPOLATION
1) Bhishma didn't allow Karna to fight in kurushetra war. Then why did he allow Karna to fight in Virat war...??
2) All parshuram shishya never attacked on an eunuch... Bhishma dropped weapons against Shikhandi... Then why did he raise weapons against Brihnalla(eunuch)..?
3) Karna had shakti in virat war... Still why didn't he use it in virat war...?
4) Arjun couldn't defeat Bhagdatta during digvijay in 10 days.... How did he defeat all kuru warriors in just half day ..?
5) All kuru warriors attacked on virata & stolen their cows... Was hastinapur so poor country to attack on virata just for cows ....?
6) Commander of Vitata, Keechak was already slain by bhima, hence virat was powerless country... Still Duryodhana need group of warriors like Bhishma, Karna, Drona & Ashwatthama to defeat poor king like Virat... LOL ... Does it make any sense ...?
7) In virat war, Under protection of hanuman he did defeat all kuru warriors easily but what happened in kurushetra..? -- He slew Bhishma, Karna, Bhurishrava & Bhagdatta by cheating ... Why ...??
8) In kurushetra, Arjun had dropped weapons against Bhishma & Drona.. Then he need Gita Gyan... In virat war, Without Gita gyan he fought with Bhishma & nearly slew him... Does it make any sense ..?
9) Why king Virat did allo Uttar to fight against entire kuru army..?? ..... Was uttar such powerful warrior able to defeat entire kuru army ...?? ... Does it make any sense..?
10) Pandava did complete their exile successfully... Still Arjun without any reason disguised as 'Enuch Brihnalla' ... Why...?
11) Was sammohan astra such mighty weapon so all kuru warriors including Bhishma, Drona, Karna, Ashwatthama failed to counter it..?... Drona did neutralize sammohan astra in kurushetra but why he failed in Virat war..? ... Why didn't arjun use sammohan astra in kurushetra again ..??
12) All pandava supported Arjuna during drupad war ... Then why did yudhistira allow Arjuna to fight against all kuru maharathi alone ..??
13) Why not even single important kuru warrior was slain by Arjun in virat war ..?? ..Why did he fail to kill any single warrior and just defeat them ..??
14) Arjuna was defeated by robbers & failed to save vrishni women from ordinary robbers ?? ... How did he manage to rescue all cows from entire kuru army ..??.. LOL
● PART-5 : RESEARCH ON VIRAT WAR BY SCHOLARS
Scholars such as E. Washburn Hopkins have suggested the entire Virata Parva may be a later insertion in the original epic Bharata, and of recent origins. His analysis is based on the different meter of the verses in Virata Parva, out of sequence matter, the sudden appearance... of names of new goddesses (Durga) and their worship – names that do not appear in older verses of the Mahabharata or in other ancient texts of India, implied customs and social stratification that is absent or inconsistent in other books of the Mahabharata, as well as claims about the number of years Arjuna carried the bow before the battle in Go-grahana Parva – a claim that simply doesn’t add up and is inconsistent with rest of the Mahabharata. Buitenen takes a different view. He accepts that Virata Parva is a book that was added in the second major expansion of the Hindu Epic, yet the concerns of Hopkins, while true, do not establish the entire Parva was added at much later date. These insertions can be recent interpolations, corruption of text, and careless scribing over the centuries. Buitenen reminds that Matsya kingdom and king Virata play a significant role in Udyoga Parva, the great war and later books – all of which, in the style of the Mahabharata, require chapters that introduce king Virata and Matsya kingdom. This introduction, we find in Virata Parva.
( CONCLUSION) - AS PER RESEARCH OF MANY SCHOLARS, VIRAT WAR IS AN INTERPOLATION